As I get older, I find that life's questions get more difficult to answer with uplifting assurance: Why did she/he have to contract cancer? Why is this happening to our family? Why did my parent have to die too soon? They had so much more life to live. Why did God get our hopes up with a child, only for us bear the emotional heartache of another miscarriage? God has known this desire of mine since I was young, so why is He making me wait, with each year that passes to cause a heavier sadness?
We walk through life with smiles on, hiding the pain and mourning we truly feel inside - in the very depths of our souls. I find myself reflecting on difficult questions like these, whether they be questions of my own or questions asked of me from dear friends. I love loving people and trying to encouarage them with hope, but what can one say to questions like these? The real answers will not satisfy like they once did at a much younger age.
I wish I could give a light-hearted, happy answer that would wipe away such painful sorrows. I guess that job is not mine, though. I wish, with all of my heart, however, that you may find hope amidst the sadness; strength despite the weakness; joy through the sorrow; and peace in the uncertainty of life's questions.
May the God of hope fill you with peace as you trust in Him. May you find that peace and assurance!
1 comment:
:)
Post a Comment